An excellent article in today’s newspaper (ref. 1) presented clear advice on how to become wealthy without paying hefty fees:
- Begin by finding good, free financial advice in the internet. Search for tools and advice on creating a budget, finding affordable housing, building a financial plan, and saving for retirement.
- Build the foundations of a budget, rainy-day savings, and retirement savings.
- Invest money you won’t need for 5 years.
- Begin investing as early as possible and compound your interest.
Numerous writers and seasoned investors offer the same advice. Find more useful information in references 2-6.
- Ny Anna-Louise-Jackson. Make your money grow before hiring an advisor. The Columbus Dispatch, November 4, 2018, page H7.
- Helaine Olen and Harold Pollack. The Index Card. Why Personal Finance Doesn’t Have to Be Complicated. Penguin Random House, New York, 2016.
- Do-it-yourself investing- Introduction. Small Trades Journal, 2013.
- Warren Buffett’s advice to nonprofessional investors. Small Trades Journal, 2014.
- My Money Five. MyMoney.gov.
- Overview. RaisingInvestors.blog, 2018.